Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Camera Fun

This week I decided to post some pictures that I took while having fun with my camera. I feel like recently I have almost gotten to obssessed with making a perfect picture and forgotten to just have fun while I'm doing so. Some of the pictures are pretty good and some aren't but all were taken while I was having fun!

For as long as I can remember my dad has loved taking self portraits of himself with us. This probably explains why I also enjoy doing it! This picture is overexposed a little but it was fun to try and take because you are always kind of guessing with self portraits (of course with digital you can just repeat until perfect) and it was Anne and I just goofing off!



This picture was taken in Yellowstone when I was just trying to get candid shots of people doing things. Of course Dave caught me and tried to turn the tables so I just took a picture of him taking a picture of me (or we could pretend he was taking it of the really cool animal that I totally missed because it was behind me;)


This was a picture taken from inside Anne's truck. I have always thought that this necklace was interesting hanging from her mirror and I really liked how the background was something pretty instead of boring road!







Ah, Yellowstone signs. This one makes me laugh even though it is supposed to be a warning that I could die if I step off the trail. I like how the kid looks mildly upset that he is being steamed to death while the mother looks slightly ill.




After several not so productive rides it was fun to spend a morning out in turnout with my horse as he ran around. I had spent a good half hour trying to get this shot and finally got myself at the correct angle and him to run in the right direction and got all of him in the picture only to look back and see that it was horribly blurry. Oh, well there's always next weekend!


This shot was fun for me to take because my horse had gotten kinda of upset with me and decided that he didn't want anything to do with me when he was turned out. After I had been out there with him for 45 minutes he decided that I wasn't going to catch him and make him work and he really wanted to know what I was doing. He kept sticking his nose right down into the camera lense so I finally took a picture from that angle and actually really like it, especially since the sun highlights he forelock just enough to show the pretty copper color of his coat!

No comments:

Post a Comment