Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Costa Rica or the difficulty or photographing in the rainforest

So the trip to Costa Rica was awesome. We got to see a lot and I learned a lot about my camera, mainly that it hates the low light that is common when there is a canopy of leaves constantly above your head. Most of the pictures were shot at ISO 200 at least and the rare moments when a creature would be in the open where there was light almost made things to easy! Here are some of my favorite animal pictures from the trip.

The Tamandua (or anteater) up in the tree. We got to watch this guy try to get at termites and do all sorts of acrobatics!








This poor Agouti really wanted to cross the river before a big crocodile started to move toward him!





I was proud of this picture of a basilisk because I had finally gotten to the point where I could take one or two pictures of a lizard and have them turn out rather than the ten or fifteen that I had been shooting.




I was proud of this Scarlet Macaw picture because I was lucky enough to have me camera already set when it took off and then I managed to catch all of it in the frame and fairly sharp!







This frog literally fell from a tree in front of us. This is the first picture I have taken at night that turned out good. I managed to get my flash setting low enough to give me enough light without overexposing the frog and the frog is pretty cute!





This is my favorite bird that we saw. It is a turquoise-browed motmot! I like this bird because they always look angry due to the way their "eyebrow" is shaped and because motmot is a fun word to say!










No comments:

Post a Comment