Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Boring Car Ride?

So it was our first long weekend of the semester, granted the semester did only start last week but we were ready to get away! Mary invited me to Yellowstone so she could play with her new skis and I could play with snowshoes. The trip was awesome, like I knew it would be, but the car ride to Yellowstone was definitely a little boring.



"AH HA!" I thought as I pulled out my camera, "Let's see what I can do with this."


It was actually pretty fun trying to take pictures from the car. It makes you start to look at things differently. The picture of Mary in the rearview mirror actually turned out better than I thought. It was also fun "hiding" in the backseat and observing what my companions were doing, like when Rob was trying to take a picture of the scenery.


Of course the drive was beautiful so I had to take a few pictures of the mountains. This one in particular seems to exemplify Montana winters, snow up high and dirt down low!







Of course the best moment was when we entered the park. I never knew that an icy SPOT could be 3 miles long!


After taking a few minutes to get ready, we spent a very enjoyable four hours playing in the snow and found some lovely scenes.
So next time you're bored in the car, and you're not driving, pull out your camera and see what you can come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment