Sunday, January 24, 2010

Trail Running


After class on Thursday, Mary and I decided to head down to Riverfront park to take pictures. This was mainly due to the weather report which said heavy snow and thus bad running conditions.





I have never taken pictures of anyone running before and found the experience to be a little challenging. You had to think about what you were going to do and when you were going to take the picture ahead of time so that your subject didn't end up half-way out of the frame.



Finally, it was fun to play with different angles. A few times, like in the first picture, my angle occurred by accident. I stepped back a little too far and then said, "Wow, what a neat perspective."








Camera settings were also important. I played with a bunch of mine and finally settled on the kids and pets setting. This setting seemed to be able to capture Mary running without being extremely picky about how still my hands were. I'm sure that there is probably a better setting for this type of photographry but for now I will stick with this setting and see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment