Saturday, April 24, 2010

Final Part 1 ( Presented)

These are pictures used in my presentation.


Focal Length: 60mm ISO: 100 Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/800 sec No Flash No reflector

I like this picture because it shows a girl and her horse working in harmony. The colors work well together and the position of horse and rider is nice. I like pictures from the back in riding because they seem to give cleaner lines and a more classic feel to the image. I added tree branches to the left side of the photo and removed another horse from the left as well.




Focal Length: 20 mm ISO:200 Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/1600 sec No Flash No Reflectors
This is a classic head shot. I liked this picture because it happened in series. In the next picture she was yelling with her mouth open so in this one she was very intent on whatever it was that made her scream. This was hard to take because she is whit and the sky is blue so I played with the levels a little to bring her white and the sky's blue out more. I also cropped in on the right side of the photo removing a tree which detracted from the image.


Focal Length: 32 mm ISO: 200 Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/1000 sec No flash No reflector
I wanted to get an action shot and was happy with how this one turned out. I love this horse's trot and feel that this picture does a good job of capturing it. I cropped this picture down quite a bit on all sides. I added some hay bales over the top of a house, added trees over another building and removed a telephone poll and wire.


Focal Length: 7 mm ISO: 80 Aperture: f/5
Shutter Speed: 1/1000 sec No Flash No Reflector

I like this picture because this says horses to me. The sky is perfect blue with fluffy clouds, there is a red barn in the background and the horses are eating green grass. I cropped in on this picture removing unneeded grass in the foreground and some unneeded space on the sides. I also cloned out a little of the first horses mane because the wind had made it stand up and it was escaping out of the top of the frame.



Focal Length: 35 mm ISO: 100 Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/800 sec. No Flash No Reflector

To me this is the classic picture of a girl and her horse that has been taken for years, but updated. Now instead of sitting with your horse and reading or drawing, you talk or text on your cell phone. I took the picture with the girl not all of the way in the frame to balance out the horse who was not all in the picture. I had to crop in a little more in photoshop to make the loss of her back look intentional (which it was) instead of an accident.


Focal Length: 6 mm ISO: 200 Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/2000 sec No flash No reflector
I was playing with angles for this picture. I didn't realize that my ISO was at 200 for this entire day and realize that I should have pulled it down but alas what is done is done. In photoshop I brightened the image up to get rid of weird shadowing on her back and like the blown out quality. I also removed a tree from behind her neck. I should have made the sky a little bluer.



Focal Length: 60 mm ISO: 200 Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/500 sec No Flash No Reflector
This picture makes me think of horses just getting turned out for the day because rolling is usually the first thing they do. I liked how you can see the dirt being turned up and his body position. I cleaned up some destractions in the dirt and some trees in the grass and cropped down a lot to make him the focus.

Focal Length: 7 mm ISO: 100 Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/800 sec No Flash No Reflector
I love this picture becuase this girl obviously loves her horse! If I had had a better flash I could have eliminated some of the shadows on her face so instead I lightened the best I could in photoshop. I also removed a dog, some cars and a weird white thing on the barn.



Focal Length: 6 mm ISO: 200 Aperture: f/6.3
Shutter Speed: 1/1250 sec No Flash No Reflector
I took this picture trying to capture what one horse sees when looking at another and I don't think I did that but I still like the picture. I removed a red feeder from under the white pony's neck but otherwise left it alone.






Focal Length: 14 mm ISO: 100 Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/1250 sec No flash No Reflector
I like this picture because it captures the atmosphere of my barn. My barn is full of young riders who love thier horses but often do weird things like lay down on thier back and then try to sit back up. The horse is wondering what's going on and I just think it tells the story well. For this picture I cropped this picture in and removed some orange cones and a lunge line from the background.


Focal Length: 6 mm ISO:80 Aperture: f/4.5
Shutter Speed: 1/1000 sec No Flash No Reflector
I took this picture to describe what spring means to me - horses eating green grass without blankets on. I like how the sahdows pull you into the light and how the two horse's heads frame the full horse. I removed some destracting elements from the background, cropped in a little and adjusted the contrast in photoshope to make the sky and grass more vibrant.




Focal Length: 6 mm ISO: 80 Aperture: f/5
Shutter Speed: 1/800 sec No Flash No Reflector
This was another picture where I was trying to take unique angles rather than the normal shots. I removed some cars from the background and cropped some grass out of the foreground but otherwise left it alone.




Focal Length: 13 mm ISO: 100 Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/1250 sec No Flash No Reflector
I like this picture because both horse and rider are looking in the same direction and just hanging out. I cropped the picture to a more verticle frame and removed some orange cones and lungline from the background.





Focal Length: 6 mm ISO: 80 Aperture: f/5
Shutter Speed: 1/1250 sec No Flash No Reflector
I took this picture because the sky was so cool and the red barn is classic. I liked how the wind was blowing his tail and how relaxing the whole scene is. I cropped the picture a little and removed some spots from the horses body.

No comments:

Post a Comment