Monday, April 5, 2010

Holiday Picture

I'm Jewish. This means that the holiday I celebrate at this time of year is Passover. For me Passover is the Seder and of course the Seder had already occurred when we got this assignment and my family was not to keen on reenacting it for my picture. So I decided that instead of answering the question, "what does Passover mean to you?" I would instead answer the question, "what do the holiday's mean to you?" To me, the holidays mean spending time with friends and family and of course, eating! I took this picture because it is typical of holidays in my family. My Grandmother is still finishing up the meal in the kitchen (usually "aided" by my Grandfather). The rest of us are crowded around the kitchen eating appetizers and whatever parts of the meal we can filch. There is laughter, talking, arguing and of course eating and even though my grandparents have a large house, all of us are squeezed into one small area of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment