Wednesday, February 17, 2010

National Geographic

While trying to decide what to do for my Thursday blog I came stumbled upon National Geographic website and found some cool winter pictures. I like the snowflake pictures of course because each one is different and the patterns are cool but I think my favorite picture is of the frozen rock bed with a single red rock against all of the brown. The pattern of the rocks is beautiful but the single speck of red just seems to complete it somehow.

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photos/patterns-snow-ice/#40372_600x450.jpg

I also like how the pictures of the snowbanks use shadowing to make an otherwise boring picture (all white) into something interesting to look at. I think that these are good examples of landscape type photographs and gave me some new ideas of things to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment