Monday, February 1, 2010

Trail Running Again

This time we went up to Lake Fork Trail in Red Lodge for a day of snowshoe running because the extreme amount of icy snow makes anything else unappealing! The hardest thing with this photoshoot was the lack of light. I swear the sun wanted to stay hidden all weekend no matter where I went. That said, I messed with the manual mode (and shot all photos in this mode) on my camera and feel like I did get some good shots!

The first picture at the top is of Mary approaching the river on the trail. I liked the scenery in this picture which is why I shot it. Settings were: Shutter Speed - 1/500, F-stop - 4.5 and ISO 200.


The picture on the left was taken during the very brief period that we had actual sunlight! There was a neat ridge that made running easy with a cool background. Shutter Speed - 1/500, F-Stop - 5.6, ISO 80




In the picture on the right I like how Mary's hair and the snow are both making the same arching type pattern! Shutter Speed - 1/500, F-Stop - 4.0, ISO 80







I like how Anne's pink stands out against the background as well as how all of the verticle lines seem to work together! Since she is so tall and has such good posture, her verticle lines seem to flow into those from the trees which I thought made a good shot. Shutter Speed - 1/500, F-Stop - 4.5, ISO 200








The next two pictures were taken from the same angle. I wanted to try something different so I hiked up the hill and shot from above. Although shooting from above proved to not be as much fun as I thought, I did enjoy shooting two people at once!

Picture on Left: Shutter Speed - 1/800, F-Stop - 4.5, ISO 200
Picture on Right: Shutter Speed - 1/800, F-Stop - 4.5, ISO 200







The final picture was taken on a bridge. I wanted to try taking a picture of something other than the entire model, thus leading to the picture of her feet! Shutter Speed - 1/320, F-stop - 4.5, ISO 80.


Overall, most of the pictures are still a little too dark but I think they are improved. I would like to thank both of my models for all of their hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment