Thursday, February 25, 2010

Photographing in the Rain

So for this Thursday I decided to blog about tips for photographing in the rain since I am leaving for the rainforest!

I thought this website offered some good tips, some of which were familiar to snow and some which weren't! I think my favorite two tips were holding your camera upside down so that your breath doesn't fog the viewfinder and not to use flash unless you are right on top of your subject. The first one is a good one to remember for winter as well since I know that I have taken some pictures holding my breath in order to keep the fog out. The second one is good to remember because usually rain = clouds = low light and you want to put your flash on to see things. If you do this too far away from your subject, though, all you will see are overexposed rain drops! This means that you must plan your photographs carefully if you want them to be good!

http://photobird.wordpress.com/2009/01/05/photography-in-the-rain/

No comments:

Post a Comment